Widget by:Get Widget

Cars: What I look for in a test drive, more this week in cars

This week we discuss what I look for when test driving brand-new vehicles and more this week in cars. ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌  ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ ͏‌ 
Read in browser

eNewspaper   |    Crosswords   |   Horoscopes

 

Cars

Sat Aug 29 2026

 

Happy Saturday from the USA TODAY Cars team!

I'm Charles Singh, and I report on automotive news, conduct vehicle reviews and write consumer advice for USA TODAY. If you have topic suggestions, consumer advice and maintenance questions or general queries, you can reach me at CSingh@Gannett.com.

What I look for in a test drive

My USA TODAY Cars colleagues and I have tested dozens of brand-new vehicles in 2026, from affordable hatchbacks to massive full-size pickup trucks with diesel engines. Every vehicle is different but there are a few key things I look for when test driving a vehicle.

The functionality of a new vehicle's infotainment system and smartphone connectivity are the first things I test as an expert car reviewer. Infotainment systems play such a huge role in modern cars because we rely on navigation apps, music streaming apps and hands-free calls to enhance our driving experiences.

Other things I pay attention to during a test drive are the vehicle's driving dynamics and comfort. The final factor I consider before writing up a review is the vehicle's value proposition and whether it's truly worth its sticker price for the target consumer.

Let me know what you look for in a test drive at CSingh@Gannett.com.

Take a spin through this week in cars

This week Automotive Reporter Keith Laing ranked the 10 vehicles he has tested in 2026 so far.
We broke down the cheapest cars to insure (one brand dominated the list).
I did a roundup of the most anticipated General Motors vehicle redesigns and model updates for the 2027 model year.
Senior Auto Writer Jamie L. LaReau covered Ford and GM leaders' reactions to the passing of the great Dolly Parton.
I tested the 2026 Hyundai Kona subcompact SUV and Keith took the 2026 Chevy Blazer EV for a spin.

You take the wheel

What do you look for when test driving a vehicle? What are the most important features and characteristics a vehicle has to have to make it worth its purchase price?

If you've purchased a new or used car in recent years, let us know what convinced you to go through with the transaction in such a dynamic and unsteady car market.

Shoot me an email at CSingh@Gannett.com to discuss what car buyers should look for in a test drive as well as major red flags.

Thanks for reading this week. What would you like to see in our next newsletter? Email me your feedback or connect with me on LinkedIn

A unique color Porsche is photographed inside the Pasadera Golf & Country Club in Monterey, Calif., on Thursday, Aug. 5, 2021.

Monterey Car Week, held each August in California, celebrates the automotive industry's most luxurious and classic cars.

The Kia Telluride has become so popular that some company officials refer to it as the "Selluride."
 

I tested 10 cars in 2026. Now it's time to rank them

I've tested 10 different cars and SUVs in 2026, including several of the top-selling models. Here's how I rank them.

A man reacts as a Lamborghini passes by him traveling south on Woodward at the Woodward Dream Cruise in Ferndale on Saturday, Aug. 15, 2026.
 

Photos of some of the best cars ever made, according to our readers

We asked readers what the best car ever was. Here are some of the picks made by our audience.

The Subaru Outback is the cheapest car to insure of 2026, which an average annual cost of $1,969, according to Compare.com.
 

These are the 10 cheapest cars to insure right now. Is yours listed?

Car buyers are paying more than ever for new models, and the cost of insuring them has also been going up. These are the 10 cheapest models to insure.

The advice for safely holding the steering wheel when you first got your driver's license might be different from today's cars, according to AAA.
 

Where to hold the steering wheel

The advice for safely holding the steering wheel when you first got your driver's license might be different from today's cars, according to AAA.

The 2027 Chevrolet Blazer EV.
 

2027 General Motors major redesigns and updates

General Motors and its portfolio of brands is set to make a big splash in 2027. Here are some of the most anticipated releases.

Dolly Parton
 

How Ford and GM leaders reacted to the news of Dolly Parton's death

Ford CEO said the news of Dolly Parton dying prompted the company's leaders to share memories of her. GM is playing her songs in its facilities.

The 2026 Hyundai Kona.
 

I drove the 2026 Hyundai Kona. Here's who should buy it

The 2026 Hyundai Kona is a value-packed subcompact SUV. Here's what drivers should know about the new Kona.

The 2026 Chevrolet Blazer EV SS trim has an EPA-estimated 302 miles of range, according to General Motors.
 

I tested one of the most eye-popping electric SUVs, the Chevy Blazer

The Chevrolet Blazer EV is the company's first electric model to be made available its iconic "SS" trim. We drove it for a week to test it out.

 

Sign up for the news you want

Exclusive newsletters are part of your subscription, don’t miss out! We’re always working to add benefits for subscribers like you.

SEE ALL NEWSLETTERS 

Newsletters   |    eNewspaper   |   Crosswords

Follow Us

Problem viewing email? View in browser

LiveIntent Logo AdChoices Logo

Postingan terkait:

Belum ada tanggapan untuk "Cars: What I look for in a test drive, more this week in cars"

Posting Komentar