I'm Keith Laing, and I report on automotive news, conduct vehicle reviews and write consumer advice for USA TODAY. If you have topic suggestions, consumer advice, maintenance questions or general queries, you can reach me at klaing@usatodayco.com.
|
Here's how I find the best car deals, and how you can too |
When it's time to do a roundup of the best car deals of any given period of time, I usually start by scouring the biggest carmakers websites for their list of monthly incentives. You know the ones with the biggest-selling nameplates: General Motors, Ford, Jeep, Toyota, Volkswagen, Hyundai, Kia, Nissan, Mazda etc.
|
From there, I tend to start by looking at the models that are not their highest sellers because those are usually the ones that carmakers offer the biggest deals on. Since the federal government stopped offering $7,500 in tax credits, I always check the incentives on any electric car a manufacturer sells because those discounts can sometimes r each as high as $10,000.
|
When I did a recent round of the best deals that are going to be available for Labor Day weekend, four of the top 10 mark downs were on electric or plug-in hybrid vehicles. Hybrid vehicles have become a lot more popular as gas prices have risen, so deals on those cars might be harder to come by.
|
Now, it's your turn. What are some of your tricks for finding the best deals on new and used cars when it's time for you to shop for a new vehicle? Tell me (and share photos of any recent cars you got a great price on, if you have them) at klaing@usatodayco.com.
|
Take a spin through this week in cars |
We're working on a story about the sticker shock people who are entering the car market for the first time since before the Covid-19 pandemic are feeling. Have you bought a car for the first time recently since sticker prices jumped after the pandemic? How did that affected what type of car you decided to buy?
|
Email me at klaing@usatodayco.com and share your advice for anyone who is navigating this tough new car market.
|
|
Even though carmakers are rolling out new 2027 models to great fanfare, the vast majority of cars on dealership lots right now are still 2026 models.
|
|
|
|
Belum ada tanggapan untuk "Cars: How I find car deals, and how you can too"
Posting Komentar